Personal Injury Attorneys
Let’s say you are out having a fun time, participating in recreational sports, or simply going about your day running errands — perhaps the last thing on your mind is whether you may suffer from a brain injury. However, accidents can happen and the unexpected may unfold before you have a chance to react. If you hit your head or suffered blunt force trauma, it is important that you get medical attention immediately. After you have received care from a medical professional, we suggest consulting with an attorney, especially if you believe another person was responsible for your accident.
Victims of brain injury accidents may endure new financial hardships, physical challenges, and mental disabilities due to the brain injury. We encourage victims to reach out to us for legal representation. What you may not know, is that you could be entitled to substantial financial restitution from the party who caused your brain injury accident.
The Moments After a Brain Injury Accident
If you think you may have suffered from a brain injury, it is vital that you seek medical care promptly. Under no circumstances should you wait to see if is gets better on its own. Only the most mild cases of brain injuries may only require rest and not much else. To ensure you haven’t sustained something more serious, we highly recommend seeing a doctor as quickly as possible. How fast you respond may make the difference between a full recovery or living a life of impairments.
- Sit down in a place that you feel stable and safe
- Call 911 or have someone you are with call for assistance
- Apply gentle touch to your scalp, to feel for blood or wounds
- Apply a cloth and pressure to any wounds, to help stop bleeding
- Identify your symptoms (dizziness, nausea, headaches, etc.) and share this with the medical team when the ambulance arrives
- Once you are of stable health and receive treatment, write down what happened to the best of your recollection
- Meet with a legal professional if you believe someone had contributed to your accident happening, whether due to negligence or intent
Prepare for a Brain Injury Lawsuit
After the brain injury accident, you can meet with an attorney to find out if you have a strong foundation for a lawsuit against the responsible person or party. By taking legal action it can help prevent you from draining your bank account in order to pay for brain injury treatments, which can be particularly expensive. Victims of brain injury accidents can receive compensation for:
- Property damage
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatments
- Hospital bills
An attorney can talk with you further about the injury accident, and help investigate who may have been at-fault. A brain injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL will be on your side the entire way through, and can imagine the anguish you may have endured thus far. Please call for a free consultation, before even more money comes straight out of your pocket for someone else’s wrongdoing or carelessness.
Thanks to Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. for their insight into personal injury claims and what to do after a brain injury.