The Worker’s Compensation Process
When you need the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer Glendale CA turns to for answers, contact a lawyer today.
If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you may be eligible for worker’s compensation benefits. A personal injury lawyer Glendale CA injured workers recommend can review your case. A qualified attorney may be able help you determine if your claim might benefit from legal representation. In the meantime, here is some information that may prove helpful:
What is included in workers compensation benefits?
A personal injury lawyer Glendale CA residents respect can advise you on the benefits you qualify for based on your unique situation. Depending on your injury and circumstances, worker’s compensation benefits can include the following:
- Coverage of your accident-related medical bills, such as
- Surgery costs
- Doctor’s visits
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency procedures
- Compensation in place of your regular wages during the time you’re not able to work because of your injury
- Vocational rehabilitation training in the event that you will not be physically able to return to your job after your injury
- Educational assistance if you can’t return to your job and need additional education to qualify for a different position
- Permanent partial disability benefits if you will never be able to return to your job on a full time basis
- Permanent total disability benefits if you will never be able to return to your job on a full or a part time basis
- Death benefits for surviving family members if a workplace injury is fatal
What kind of injuries are covered by worker’s compensation?
An experienced personal injury lawyer in Glendale CA may evaluate your case and determine if your injury or injuries qualifies for worker’s compensation benefits. In general, the following conditions are often eligible for coverage:
- Diseases due to occupational exposure to hazardous substances
- Mental or emotional injuries
- Traumatic physical injury
- Repeated traumatic injuries
If I’m injured on the job, what do I have to do?
- Immediately seek medical attention for your injury. Be sure to tell the medical provider that your injury occurred while on the job.
- Notify your employer as soon as possible.
- Consider contacting an experienced Glendale CA personal injury lawyer. They may be able to do the following:
- Assist you with filing for worker’s compensation.
- Advise you on whether or not you may be eligible for additional compensation through a third party lawsuit or other means.
- Make sure your worker’s compensation claim is filed before the claims period expires.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Glendale CA Victims Can Trust
If you’ve been injured on the job, you may not be familiar with the worker’s compensation process, and why claims may be denied. When you need to navigate the often frustrating process of submitting a worker’s compensation claim, or fighting a denial, contact a personal injury lawyer Glendale CA victims trust.